North Bris Slots

Digital Slotcar Racing on Brisbane's Northside

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2017 Slotworx V8 Series Points
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:17 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 11th August 2017
Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:00 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 NBS 6 Hour GT Enduro
Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:06 am by Johnsxr8

» Friday 28th July 2017
Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:11 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 Race Calendar
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:31 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 14th July 2017
Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:03 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 30th June 2017
Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:06 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 16th June 2017
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:37 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 Touring Car Masters Series Points
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:35 pm by Johnsxr8

Share | 

2015 ideas?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Johnsxr8
Admin

PostSubject: 2015 ideas?   Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Ok we need to start a discussion on what to see what people want different for 2015

I will start with

1st part of the night will be split into 4 quarterly championships instead of dragging out the whole year but no dropped rounds.

After last Friday no Trucks for the remainder of this year or the next until reliable or drop altogether. And the next planned 2014 Truck Round changed to Group 5.

Maybe look at the possibility of running the 1 metal chassis (maybe plafit 1/32?) for the start of the night for the whole 4 championships so guys only have to concentrate on one chassis which will be much more reliable and easier to drive and probably quicker in a straight line (especiallyV8's) than the current plastic chassis and tuneable like gearing ect and motors even tyres are cheaper than what we currently pay now to put on our plastic chassis, and when a quarterly series ends you could change the body from V8 Supercars to Nascars or to any class you wanted to run but be still running the same chassis as you would have adjustable wheelbase and different wheel inserts ect and you can also use the bodies from pattos that are clear too like the new V8 and Nascar bodies or current Scaley bodies ect and if I was to run that the 2nd part of the night thoughout the year would be made up of our current F1 class, Group 5, TCM and LMP GT and 2nd part of the night will be for a series aswell.

Heres a link to the list of clear bodies that could be used in a variety of different classes if we were to run a metal chassis
http://www.pattosplace.com/Newbodies.html

And the chassis I would probably look at would be

And here is a link to a page for the Plafit chassis with prices
http://acehobbies.com.au/store/index.php?cPath=26_34_87

and I do understand that to some people the chassis may seem a little expensive at $100 but basically all it needs is a chip put in it and some money could be recouped if anyone wanted to by selling of any cars or chips off on ebay ect to help cover a transition to the chassis.

Finally these are only ideas and not yet finalized for next year the first idea for me I think is a definate but the metal chassis is only an idea put out there and would have to have the support of almost everybody to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com
Johnsxr8
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2015 ideas?   Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:19 pm

I also have started on the wooden XLC project with one complete XLC changer together here is is a couple of shots before I started fitting all the flippers, soleniods and sensor boards and also clean up all the furry edges ect I will probably look at fitting at least 2 in the track after the V8 Enduro and also at the same time reshape the crossover section at the first XLC

I have also posted video of the flippers working on when I hooked it up the a couple of nights ago on our id powerbase
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=759693957428121&set=vb.205520272845495&type=2&theater

Also I will be purchasing the Smart Mega Sensor setup from Europe this week so hopefully have that setup in time for our V8 Enduro and that will then replace the current Pit Pro setup which while normally reliable does not pickup Slot it Chips and has been seen on occasions here were any dust on the cars led has been an issue will not be a problem as the Smart Mega Sensor has very powerful sensors and can do the same stuff as pit pro plus also have other benefits for the track in the future.
Back to top Go down
Gumtree

PostSubject: 2015 ideas?   Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:52 pm

Hi Guys, for those of you who could not make it on Friday night, John again asked for feedback regarding next years format. So I thought I would stick my neck out and start the ball rolling with a few ideas I thought of. Please note that these are only my thoughts and I welcome better ones, but someone has to kick off the debate. I will turn up no matter what format we run, so please feel free to think up some better ideas or modify mine below. Or kick them to pieces!

Anyway, for those who weren't there, John indicated that we could run a few more 5 round championships with no dropped rounds, and that both classes each evening will be run as championships. Also the V8's could move to a metal chassis similar to the ones we are thinking of running in the Nascars. And that we may drop the trucks due to reliability issues.

The way I see it, there are 26 fortnights a year, so take a couple out for Xmas, and enduros, we could either have...
A) 8 x 5 round championships, 4 enduros, and 2 off for Xmas, or
B) 6 x 7 round championships, 3 enduros, and 2 off.
(please note that that is running 2 championships each evening)

If we drop Trucks, we currently run 6 classes (V8's, Nascars, Group 5, TCM, F1 and GT/LMP) so if we went for option A we could run 2 x 5 round V8 championships, 2 x 5 round Nascar, and 1 x 5 round championships for each of the other classes in the 2nd part of the evening. Or 1 x 10 round championship for V8's and Nascar split into 2 parts over the year. ie. 5 V8, 5 Nascar, 5 V8, 5 Nascar. I think 10 weeks straight for each would be boring. I hope I'm not making this too confusing! I'm confused and I'm writing it.

If we went for option B we could have 6 x 7 round championships, 1 for each class. The advantage of this is that we could afford to drop a round and still be in the hunt. If we have 5 round championships with no dropped rounds and you are sick or away, that effectively stuffs both championships being run that night for you.

I personally think 6 classes is enough for next year, especially with the changes to V8's and Nascars. But there is no reason why we couldn't introduce a different format again in 2016. By then we should all have our V8's and Nascars sorted, so we could look at making Trucks more reliable by putting them on a metal chassis and introducing a new class. If we had 8 classes we could definitely run 8 x 5 round championships, although with no dropped rounds. Another idea could involve running 6 classes over 7 rounds one year eg. V8, Nascar, Group 5, TCM, F1 and GT/LMP, then drop F1 and GT, and have V8, Nascar, Group 5, TCM, Trucks and a new class; alternating classes each year by popular vote.

The less classes we run, the easier it is to maintain the cars in the classes we have. Also the easier for new people who are joining up. So I am personally in favour of running 6 x 7 round championships each year. I also like the idea of being able to drop a round. What classes, I don't really care and will fit into what everyone else wants to.

To make it easier for maintenance too, I would suggest that we ran the 7 rounds like this (example only)....
4 consecutive rounds of Nascar / Group 5, followed by
4 rounds of V8 / F1,
4 rounds of TCM / GT
followed by 3 consecutive rounds of each of the above over the rest of the year to make up the 7 rounds. This would mean you are only maintaining 2 cars at a time, and are not changing the metal chassis to suit V8 - Nascar every fortnight. (Assuming you have only the one chassis)

Sorry this is all so long winded, and confusing, but I don't know how else to put it. Anyway....I've done my bit, the ball is now in your court to respond. Fire away!

Did anyone else see the interview Larko did with Dick Johnson regarding Penske and Ambrose? Looks like it might happen after all. Red Bull may finally have some competition! Cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnsxr8
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2015 ideas?   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:58 pm

Thanks for the feedback Steve much appreciated. Yeah I saw the interview Dick did well to keep it bottled up till today. Good one DJR hopefully a brighter future for them
Back to top Go down
the stig

PostSubject: Re: 2015 ideas?   Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:35 pm

Hi all just wanted to put my view in for 2015. I think that it is good how it is with v8s and nascar as Scalextric car's The racing is so close with everyone in v8s nascar. Maybe hold meeting once a month for those won't to run metal chassis .that all. good to see ambrose back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnsxr8
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 2015 ideas?   Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:52 pm

Ok since you are the only 2 that have had there say on here so far and I know of one others members interest so far, atm I will probably make up a calendar for next year with a layout very similar to Steves ideas but as for Enduros the will be the usual V8 Weekend and a Nascar one put in somewhere on a Friday night as for any other Enduros I am possibly looking at a 4 round Enduro series Run over the entire year so there would be one sunday 3-4 months apart and Driver pick there own teams ect and probably 4-5 races and possibly one being a 1/28 MINI Z Enduro (I can supply a few cars as i will be getting more soon)as they are the best fun to drive and I have currently got my Mini Z doing a best Lap time of 10.101 on the lane that takes you into the pit and was on Foam tires. But atm i think i will plan to keep V8's and Nascars the same as what we have now but allow the use of the bodies from Pattos for people that want the Gen 6 look or want a Volvo for the V8's. But i will be still open to ideas as it wont be till after the V8 Enduro i start creating next years Calendar. So if you want your say please speak up asap.
Back to top Go down
moby

PostSubject: racing for 2015   Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:17 pm

Hi guy's it's the old fart here. i am all in favor of running 6 or 7 rounds for the year. But let's look at the cost of replacing cars. As we are aware that there will be no more NASCARS or V8'S coming from Scalextric,or Carrera,or SCX. So that leaves us with the Patto bodies,and a old chassis.Now there is chatter about using metal chassis,don't be scared of them cause they wont bite, initially the cost will be a little bit expensive but you have one chassis and unlimited amount of bodies that you can put on it(except F1's) but outside of that you will have a better handling car as well. I am not going to advocate that we all change straight away, let it be a gradual thing, and we can still use plastic chassis for other classes that we run.

Cheers
The old Fart
Back to top Go down
View user profile

2015 ideas?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1