North Bris Slots

Digital Slotcar Racing on Brisbane's Northside

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2017 Slotworx V8 Series Points
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:42 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 16th June 2017
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:37 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 Touring Car Masters Series Points
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:35 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 2nd June 2017
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:04 am by Johnsxr8

» Friday 19th May 2017 Moby 900 Enduro
Sun May 21, 2017 5:12 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 5th May 2017
Mon May 08, 2017 10:14 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 Moby 900 Enduro
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:14 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 21st April 2017
Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:30 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 Race Calendar
Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:14 pm by Johnsxr8

Share | 

SP Racing FG Falcon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rocket21

PostSubject: SP Racing FG Falcon   Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:37 pm

After being inspired by Gumtrees effort I made the call and bought some patto's decals and stripped my 2010 Winterbottom FG Falcon. The paint used is Tamiya fine white primer, colours are PPG black base and House of kolor Marine blue and clear coated with Debeers 2K.
1 Naked frosty, original paint and decals were removed after taking a swim in the break fluid bath then scubbed chemtech degreaser to remove all residue.

dried and inspected to make sure all seams and scribings are clear then primed with Tamiya fine white primer.

Made a bit of mistake here normally I would spay light to dark colours but jumped the gun so I paint the whole car with PPG black base, I then masked up all the windows,
using the decal I held them up to the side of the car marking the lines required. I also google for pics of the car to use as referances

after masking the body was painted with HOK marine blue not the exact colour but close enough. Mirrors were painted with debeers ford octane orange, rear wing was laft black.

After all masking has been removed

entire car remasked to paint headlights and taillight should have done this step at the start would been less masking then. The mirrors were maked and painted black as per referance photo's.

All masking were removed and scubbed with degreaser to remove any oil or masking residue then clear to give a nice smooth glossy surface for the decals to stick to.

nearly finished just a couple more decal to go with a couple of touch ups and it'll be right for sealing with debeers 2K clear.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johnsxr8
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SP Racing FG Falcon   Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:33 pm

Wow, looking very impressive. Thanks also for showing us step by step. Also cant wait to see these custom painted cars running around the track Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com
Gumtree

PostSubject: SP Racing FG Falcon   Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:43 pm

What a fantastic job! I'd almost be scared to race it. Nice aritcle on how you achieved it too. Well done
Back to top Go down
View user profile

SP Racing FG Falcon
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1