North Bris Slots

Digital Slotcar Racing on Brisbane's Northside

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2017 Slotworx V8 Series Points
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:42 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 16th June 2017
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:37 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 Touring Car Masters Series Points
Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:35 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 2nd June 2017
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:04 am by Johnsxr8

» Friday 19th May 2017 Moby 900 Enduro
Sun May 21, 2017 5:12 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 5th May 2017
Mon May 08, 2017 10:14 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 Moby 900 Enduro
Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:14 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 21st April 2017
Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:30 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 Race Calendar
Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:14 pm by Johnsxr8

Share | 

Digital Controllers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Johnsxr8
Admin

PostSubject: Digital Controllers   Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:27 pm

Currently we have 3 controllers to choose from with Scalextric Digital:
The Scalextric Digital Hand Controller, is the cheapest option at around 30 dollars, can be a little unreliable and generally needs calibration through the powerbase and has a linear throttle curve out of the box, the only way that you can change throttle curves on these controllers is by having a 6 car powerbase that runs in conjuntion with SSD console program on a PC which in the program allows changes to throttle curves. Also recommend regular dissassembly and wipe the controllers internal slider down with a bit of Meythlated Spirits on a Rag. This controller is good for the occasional and the home user
The Pendle Digital Truspeed is the middle priced option at around $100 is a much better option for the racer, the stock pot which comes with the controller has a small curve in the throttle making it better for the wood/non mag racer out of the box, this controller is smooth and reliable i have owned one of these for about 3 months now and find it far superior to the Scalextric version, i have been told that the pot (slider) might need the occasional light sand but in the 3 months ive had mine so far i havent had to touch mine yet. They come in a MB Slot case and you can buy 3 types of pots for them the standard one has a slight throttle curve or you can get a linear one for the guys that like the power coming on early in the throttle or guys that race with magnets, and the other option is a large throttle curve for the technical tracks or for guys that like the bulk of the throttle to come on late. You can also adjust these controllers through SSD Console aswell. This would be my pick of the 3 controllers.
The Slotit Controller with Digital module. Is the dearest option at around the $160 dollar mark but has many adjustable options on the controller with the turn of a knob like Throttle curve and Braking ect. The downside to this controller is that a seperate 12v power supply is required to run this controller, i havent personally used this controller yet, but it would probably be a great controller if you are willing to pay for the controller and a power supply to go with.

Cheers John
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

Digital Controllers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1