North Bris Slots

Digital Slotcar Racing on Brisbane's Northside

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» 2017 Modern GT Series Points
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:58 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 20th October 2017
Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:48 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 6th October 2017
Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:51 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 Slotworx V8 Series Points
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:40 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 22nd September 2017
Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:43 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 Race Calendar
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:16 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 8th September 2017
Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:20 am by Johnsxr8

» Saturday 2nd September 2017 6 Hour GT Enduro
Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:08 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2017 NBS 6 Hour GT Enduro
Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:49 pm by Johnsxr8

Share | 

Tires MJK vs Slot It

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Johnsxr8
Admin

PostSubject: Tires MJK vs Slot It   Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi all, up until now basically the only tires that i have brought for my slotcars are MJK which are a mix of rubber and urethane and i usually fit them to all my V8's as the stock rubber is just hopeless. Well today i purchased some Slot It Racing Tires 20x10mm F22 compund which is the medium compund as they come in a F30 (harder) and a F15 (softer) for my 2 Slot its as the rubber that come with them are not so good on my wood track either, well when taking them out of the packet i thought they looked about the same size as a V8 tire and i find with the new Rims for the FG a little smaller in diameter and width therefore the MJK has to have the sidewall sanded down just so the wheels could turn and not as much clearance between the gear and track surface. Once fitting the Slot it tire the only part that rubs the body was the slotit letters stamped on the tire which wore off in less than 5 sec the car also seemed to be a little smoother to drive and great traction, it is also a rubber tire and very soft so it will be interesting to see how long the tire life will be, as going from my plastic track to a painted surface i have noticed a lot more tire wear in my MJK's so will keep you all posted on how the Slot it holds up
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com
Johnsxr8
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tires MJK vs Slot It   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:56 pm

Ok i better finally put out my overall thoughts on how tires perfomed on my track. In the end there wasn't alot of difference between the 2 except i found the slotits being rubber tended to get more traction as the race wore on but the MJK's with a light sand before race start would be excellent the first few laps but then tend to get a little looser after the first few laps. Tyre wear was also very similar. The slotit didnt like a dirty track but it became a real handful compared to the MJK on a dirty track. We now also use homemade Urethane Tyres as it is very cheap alternative and grip is in my opinion just as good as a MJK and seems to be not to bad to drive on a dirty track aswell, most of the guys in our V8 class now run these homemade tyres and all seem to be perfoming well on them.

John
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com
JoshMag

PostSubject: Re   Sun May 05, 2013 11:16 am

Whats better for your track
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tires MJK vs Slot It
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1