North Bris Slots
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
North Bris Slots

Digital Slotcar Racing on Brisbane's Northside

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Saturday 15th April 203 Moby 900 Enduro
Johns Track Upgrade EmptySun Apr 16, 2023 2:52 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2023 Porsche Cup Series 1
Johns Track Upgrade EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 9:57 am by Johnsxr8

» 2023 NASCAR Series S1
Johns Track Upgrade EmptySun Mar 19, 2023 9:49 am by Johnsxr8

» Friday 17th March 2023
Johns Track Upgrade EmptySat Mar 18, 2023 10:36 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2023 GT3 Series S1
Johns Track Upgrade EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 8:00 pm by Johnsxr8

» 2023 V8 Series Points
Johns Track Upgrade EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 7:54 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 3rd March 2023
Johns Track Upgrade EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 7:19 pm by Johnsxr8

» Friday 3rd February 2023
Johns Track Upgrade EmptySun Feb 05, 2023 10:22 am by Johnsxr8

» Friday 20th January 2023
Johns Track Upgrade EmptySun Jan 22, 2023 2:28 pm by Johnsxr8

Johns Track Upgrade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Johnsxr8
Admin
Johnsxr8

Johns Track Upgrade Empty
PostSubject: Johns Track Upgrade   Johns Track Upgrade EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 9:50 pm

Hey Guys,
After seeing the best part of 2 years of racing and seeing certain problems spots on the track i decided that this break i would try to fix the problematic spots that have bugged me since getting this track running, so i thought i would give you guys an update on what the track is looking like atm now some progress is starting to be made, here are some pics,

An overall view which you can see some MDF boarding starting to go up on the back straight and will work its way around the whole raised section
Johns Track Upgrade 20121210

Next we have the new turn 1 routed and a longer straight in pitlane and hopefully an easier pitlane to exit, and much more room coming out of turn 1 so hopefully no more cars slapping the fence on exit plus am also able to extend the width of the outside of the fast corner coming off the back straight so cars in the outside lane wont be slapping the fence there aswell, this turn 1 modifcation will have an effect on the lap time to some degree, it will be interesting to see which lane around the track is the most dominant now, and possibly using a lanechanger or 2 might make it faster, we will find out in the next couple of weeks, and much more room for cars to run off the track and not block it
Johns Track Upgrade 20121211

This photo show the first lanechanger crossover and new slots routed, over double the distance away now and a much straighter line, also curved the crossover slots to make lane changes smooth here, 2 other lane changers around the track are also having their crossovers lengthened considerably to try and make the lane transition even smoother, and the issue with the lane changer in the raised section was simply a broken power wire inside track piece which explains why it didnt work after 1 racemeet so that one is fixed and placed back in so that one is virtually brand new and the one over the back has been replaced by a new one even though it still worked it seemed a little lazy sometimes.
Johns Track Upgrade 20121212

Drivers station is now going to be split into 3 pieces, to allow some more room for marshalling around the front also

With all these mods taking place fingers crossed 2013 can produce more close racing and even more enjoyment
Back to top Go down
https://northbrisslots.forumotion.com
Johnsxr8
Admin
Johnsxr8

PostSubject: Re: Johns Track Upgrade   Johns Track Upgrade EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 9:28 pm

Ok more work has been done and it is looking like the track will be in an working state by this weekend and it is looking like January 18th might be our first racemeet for 2013, here are some progress pics

Here is an overall veiw with the track surface now fully repainted, just need to lay the copper tape now and finish putting up all the MDF borders to go all the way around the entire track
Johns Track Upgrade 20121213

An above shot of the now painted first corner
Johns Track Upgrade 20121214

A shot of the Fast corner coming off the back straight showing the extra widened bit on the outside, MDF border is still yet to go up but cars should no longer slap the wall on the exit on the outside lane
Johns Track Upgrade 20121215

A view of the border down the back straight, this will be completed this week andborder will continue all the way around the track, plus should be harder for marshalls to interfere with cars now that it sits 100mm out from the straight and has a 70mm high edge so even if you car gets a knock it should not leave the table
Johns Track Upgrade 20121216

An above veiw of the final lane changer, the crossover is now double the length so it should handle changes at much higher speeds than before, the changer before coming off the back straight has been lengthened also but not to the same extent as this one
Johns Track Upgrade 20121217
Back to top Go down
junior2036

junior2036

PostSubject: Re: Johns Track Upgrade   Johns Track Upgrade EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:51 am

John all i have to say is that the new parts look amazing and i cant wait to race it!! Happy New Year Everyone
Back to top Go down
Johnsxr8
Admin
Johnsxr8

PostSubject: Re: Johns Track Upgrade   Johns Track Upgrade EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 10:57 am

I got to power it up late last nite and from the few amount of laps i drove i am very happy with the upgrades so far, just need to finish off a few things today
Back to top Go down
Johnsxr8
Admin
Johnsxr8

PostSubject: Re: Johns Track Upgrade   Johns Track Upgrade EmptyWed Jan 02, 2013 11:21 pm

Ok track is ready to play on, need to finish off some painting and some small details like plastic fencing, but its ready for use and early lap time indications show that the lanes are now more even with the lane that takes you into the pit lane producing similar lap times to before but the other lane about half a second slower, in a Nascar i virtually did identical lap times, the first corner is not really hard but taken the wrong way has an effect on your lap time Very Happy
Also have a little bit more to do to the driver stations but now with the MDF borders around the track it should be a little more Marshall friendly and stop runnaway cars

Johns Track Upgrade 20130110

Johns Track Upgrade 20130111

Johns Track Upgrade 20130112

Johns Track Upgrade 20130113

Johns Track Upgrade 20130114

Back to top Go down
the stig

the stig

PostSubject: Re: Johns Track Upgrade   Johns Track Upgrade EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 3:15 pm

hi john the new upgrades look good can't wait to give it a whil .
Back to top Go down
RagRacer

PostSubject: Re: Johns Track Upgrade   Johns Track Upgrade EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Looking good! More even lap times should create even more close racing and create more options. Like the idea of extended lane changes as well.
Back to top Go down
Johnsxr8
Admin
Johnsxr8

PostSubject: Re: Johns Track Upgrade   Johns Track Upgrade EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks Guys, it will be interesting to see on Friday if the changes work well i am looking forward to it. The Lane changer over the back is now excellent for high speed changes, so glad i spent the time to do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johns Track Upgrade   Johns Track Upgrade Empty

Back to top Go down

Johns Track Upgrade
Page 1 of 1